Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Girls Are Back!


It's been awhile since I've updated the blog...that's because I've been in survival mode the past 2 weeks. Lindsay and the girls got out of the cold and dark and enjoyed some much needed sun and longer days down in SoCal. Jacson and I held the fort down up here in Anchorage. We didn't get to go to Laguna Beach, swim in an outdoor pool (there are none here), or enjoy Disneyland; but we did hit the movies, a minor league hockey game, an indoor climbing gym, a jump zone, and go on a hike.

It was LONG two weeks and I'm so very thankful that are back home with us. I receive the blessing of my wife and kids so humbly and thankfully. It's overwhelming to me how much I love them. And there's just something indescribable about being on your knees at the airport watching your 4 year old and 2 year old run into your arms.

Quick update on other things:

Ministry is relational for me and I am enjoying the time the Lord gives me to come alongside people along their journey. It is such a gift for me to comfort others in the ways that I have been comforted. (I Cor. 1) The contexts for these relationships are time spent in my office or at coffee shops and through 5 different support/recovery groups I'm leading this semester.

The days are getting longer. I noticed today for the first time that it wasn't totally black when I dropped off Jacson at school...at 9 AM. Uggghhh. In just one more month, we'll be back to 7 am to 7 pm daylight.

Lindsay is feeling much better this trimester. We are almost to the last trimester and find ourselves saying, "Brennyn is going to be here before we know it." May 15 is the due date.

Until next time...love from Swain's from the Last Frontier.

4 comments:

Derek said...

Brennyn... cool! And the reminder of another little Swain girl coming reminds me of your previous post mentioning Jacson's "high calling" to be the older brother to all those sisters. =) Good stuff!

Heather said...

Love the name, got a middle yet? Matt just informed me if I was on FB I would have known already. I'm a little jealous too that I didn't get to go to Disneyland. Tell Lindsay hello for me.

Jason and Lindsay Swain said...

Heather, her full name is Brennyn Grace Swain.

Hope things are well in Houston.

Heather said...

I love her name, so sweet. Things are going, well, their going. Different, still adjusting and trying to fit in somewhere, making progress though. So glad that He has it all figured out, cause most days I don't. Love to your family!
Miss y'all, y'all coming home to TN anytime this summer??