Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I'm NOT Dreaming of a White Christmas

This is our first Alaskan Christmas. And unlike the previous 34 Christmases for me, I don’t have to sing “I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas” this year. It's been guaranteed since October up here

Lindsay and I feel quite accomplished now that we made it to Solstice (Dec 21). From here on out, the days get lighter. We'll be back to 12 hours of daylight by February. For all of you who believe we get no daylight at all...that's not the case in Anchorage. It's getting light around 9:30 am right now and getting dark around 4:30 PM.

But I gotta say: this darkness is tough! We have been told the Jan. is the tough one. If that’s the case, then January sounds a lot like life…tough. It’s a hard road…it’s broken…and sometimes, it has gotten quite dark.

The truth for me is that I need the help of Jesus and others…I need the hope of the Gospel to Traverse it.

The “Tidings of Comfort and Joy” are not just for the Christmas Season.
I need tidings of comfort and joy everyday.
All of us do as we experience life on this side of Heaven.

The hope of Jesus’ coming to us brings comfort in all seasons and carries us through all circumstances. No matter what our story is…no matter what our life circumstance.
God IS with us. Immanuel to the rescue!

“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
(Is 41:10)

Merry Christmas to all you down the "Lower 48."
Jason

1 comment:

Heather said...

Been thinking and praying for you guys the past couple of days. KNow that we love you and you are always on our hearts this time of year. Love to you all! Blessings to your sweet family! HAve a very merry and white Christmas!