Friday, December 12, 2008

Just a Quick Update

I hope all is well wherever you are reading this. We are doing well here in Alaska. I just wanted to update everyone on a few things regarding life with the Swain's...in no particular order.

  • We were able to make a trip back to Tennessee for Thanksgiving. The plan was to be here in Alaska for a year and finally get back to Southern soil in June 09. But, my Papa Swain got sick and we headed home to be with the family. Papa passed a way on Nov 24...he was 92. I grew up with Papa and Granny...they lived only one mile down the road on "Swain Lane." I had the honor to speaking at his memorial service and found God's power and strength fall on me. Hope is an amazing thing. Papa used to say to me when he left our hourse...."come on down to our house...I'll show you how poor folks live." The Lord gave me this for my message: "There will come a day when I see Papa again. He will say to me: Welcome Home son. I'll show you how rich folks live."
  • Lindsay was able to linger for another week and half in Tennessee and just got home on Wednesday night. Jacson and I had to get back for school and ministry responsibilities here at ChangePoint. We missed our girls immensely, but found the time significant for male bonding...finding time for a movie, putt-putt, and an indoor waterpark called "H2Oasis."
  • Lindsay had an ultrasound while she was back in TN. We are having....another girl. That makes 4 in a row. Jacson was quite upset but is coming around to his "high calling from God to be a big brother to little sisters." We are excited and looking forward to meeting our newest little Swain in May. Name is tbd.
  • It's cold and dark here. Tonight, the temps will fall "below the bucket" for the first time. Daylight comes about 9:30 right now and it gets dark at 4:30. After Dec 21, the days get longer everyday....by mid-Feb we are back to 12 hours of daylight.
  • We have had a lot of snow already. I'm finding myself making up new words to the song "I'm dreaming of a White Christmas." No need to dream of that here.
  • Jacson finishes up school next week and is looking forward to 2 weeks off. I'm off most of the holiday as well...we are looking forward to going snowboarding together. He just finished up basketball season. My friend and co-laborer here at ChangePoint, Jeff Schulte, and I coached the team together.
  • Ellie is involved with AWANA and is really enjoying that. She will be taking a dance class with Savannah starting in January.
Bless you and your family this Christmas season!
For the family,
Jason

*getting up tomorrow. driving 10 minutes. hiking to a mountain peak. snowboarding down. home by 11 AM. SWEET!

2 comments:

Derek said...

Love the "quote" from Papa! And congrats on another little Swain girl! love you all.

Heather said...

I can't wait to see another gorgeous baby girl!! Congrats!! You know she will be beautiful! Merry Christmas!!